VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LWB 1200 2.5 102 has 17" et35 7.5j Oz rims fitted with 215/60/17 tyres.
The tyres just kiss the front wheel arch top on full lock and compression. Only happens when i go fishing on a very rough road, but this is obviously not great. I also thought when i got them that they were heavy enough rated for my van at 725kg per wheel, but i have realised i need 760kg or over so i need to change them.
I am thinking of getting wolfrace assassin 17" 7j et42. I think the higher et and lower wheel width will fit with the same tyres as above.
Van is lowered but not that low as i raised it the other day, i recon 35-40mm maybe.
Any thoughts on this combo?
Cheers
Kieran

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I have no thoughts other to say that I am in the Spring going to get a set of red and black Wolfrace Assassins with 225/55/17s! I look forward to seeing how you get on!
The tyre size you are looking at has about the same height wall all but a few mm so i think i will be okay as i am just touching the arches with the setup i have at the minute. I'm not so bold looking at plain old silver alloys, they hide curb rash better!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Kieran,

Any update on your new wheels?

I can't wait to see some pictures.

Cheers,

DonH.
I've not done anything with them yet, Busy at work so no time to even start the engine let alone put wheels on it! Will let you know when ive sorted it. T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts