VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I get my van home tomorrow after being away for 6 weeks having a major overhaul. My van is a P Reg 19.TDi SWB 800 special with 15" steel wheels, they will need upgrading when I get it home. The van isn't lowered. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. Was thinking of 17" alloys? I am however a little confused about what size tyre to get. I don't generally kerb the vehicle, would I need higher tyres to reduce this happening? Want to keep them looking good as much as I can.

Quite Liking these.....they are for a 1997 T4 but 205/40/17. Do I need to say go for 225/45 or higher? Not sure??

http://www.madmotors.co.uk/autec-zenit-matt-grey-17-alloy-wheels-and-tyres.html

Thanks for your thoughts

Nat x

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also
How will the performance be affected do you think? At the moments my 15" steely's are quite bouncy but look a bit naff for the size of the vehicle....to me anyway. Will it affect my odometer etc. Cheers x

·
Registered
619 Posts
225/50/17 will keep your speedo spot on, i went for bouncy 55's on mine - comfort factor :cool:

My wheels are 7" wide and the tyres are 101w load rated, stick out past the wheel so no kerbside issues, essential as i often park on a narrow terrace street

1 - 3 of 3 Posts