VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought me a set of Merc rep's to go on the van. I have measured what spigot ring I need, but now not sure which bolts I need. I know that the T4 needs M14/1.5's but then what length and how do I know if I need tapered or flat head? :confused:

Cheers, Jo

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
T:Hi Jo I'm no expert but our t4s take a 35 mm to 40 mm length bolt and genuine wheels are a radius bolt head and replica will be tapered. Your right the m14 / 1.5 will fit our vans. I think genuine merc wheels have smaller bolt holes and might need drilling but that was only my experience. Radious bolt holes have a rounded seat and the tapered are cone shaped. Go on to google or eBay and have a look it will show you the differents. I put up a thread last week as my front wheels were loose and the bolts had streched as I did not think to change my bolts from tapered to radial when swapping over my winter wheels (replica )to my summer set (genuine Audi ) the noise coming from the front end sounded like my cb joints had gone. I was supprised when the guys at vw said it was my wheel nuts :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts