VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
I didn't believe it at first, so I went and got and ignition key cut to satisfy myself it didn't start the van. And low and behold, sure enough it didnt.

But its good to check as they are often removed if having electrical starting problems.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Had a key cut for mine this sunday,only wanted it as a spare for the doors.No code,tried it in the ignition and it started the van:*
V rerg 1.9td:confused:
Odd

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would like to check mine as well, only have one key and want to know if the immobiliser is still working/connected up. Is there any way i can check without getting a key cut? I have tried taking the chip out of the current key but seems glued in and dont want to force it out and break it.

When I start the van i have an annoying clicking coming from i think a relay in the fuse box area which sounds like hazard light clicking but slightly out of time.

Anyone had this before?

·
Registered
220 Posts
hi just trying to help a little..my van is a 1998 with aftermarket central locking and the standard key system when i bought it. so i purchased a keyless entry system off fleabay.its the type with the buttons on the key and when you press the silver button the key blade flips out, the black buttons lock and unlock the doors.so when i fitted the control box to the van i had the standard key and the new key. my standard key was the type with the button and a small light in it so i took it to bits took the blade out adjusted it to fit in the new one and took the chip out and glued it to the new one. now i have a fold away key with remote buttons on it.brill.sorry to be a bit long winded the point i was going to make was when i took the chip out i had to prize it out and it was a pretty tough little thing i just used a small pen knife.when i first fitted the chip into the new key system i did,nt have the chip close enough to the van and the key started it but the immobiliser cut it out after 2 seconds.good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wasn't sure whether to force it out or not. I will try again and try the key without, only way to find out i suppose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts