VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Question 1. So, a very long time ago I had my old LT (not quite horse drawn van), and can't for the life of me remember whether I hook up to the van first and then the mains or visa versa?
Question 2 . I need to get a Calor gas cylinder for my two hob cooker, but based on the space (see photos), what size/type do I need?
Question 3. I've got a Pioneer CD/Radio to replace the original. I've bought the DIN box to take up the space, but I don't know what the adapter is called/looks like for the main block connection (see photos). The additional green and purple wires I believe are for a remote which I won't be using.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Electronic instrument Musical instrument Bumper

Electrical wiring Circuit component Computer hardware Gas Hardware programmer
Automotive design Hood Vehicle door Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Comfort Automotive design Thigh Bag

Hand Wood Flooring Floor Cigar

Attachments

·
Special Rapporteur
10,954 Posts
Question 1. So, a very long time ago I had my old LT (not quite horse drawn van), and can't for the life of me remember whether I hook up to the van first and then the mains or visa versa?
Some people say that if you hook up the mains end first, the electrons can drop out onto the ground at the other end while you're trying to hook it up to the van...

In reality there is little risk from hooking up at the post first, because site electrical installs (in the UK, at least) are very tightly regulated. But if you're very risk-averse, you should hook up to the van first and the post last.

Question 2 . I need to get a Calor gas cylinder for my two hob cooker, but based on the space (see photos), what size/type do I need?
Unfortunately a photo doesn't give any real idea of dimensions. All you need to do is go onto Calor's UK website and it will tell you the sizes of all of the cylinders. The regulator that you have is for a Propane cylinder, not Butane.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some people say that if you hook up the mains end first, the electrons can drop out onto the ground at the other end while you're trying to hook it up to the van...

In reality there is little risk from hooking up at the post first, because site electrical installs (in the UK, at least) are very tightly regulated. But if you're very risk-averse, you should hook up to the van first and the post last.

Unfortunately a photo doesn't give any real idea of dimensions. All you need to do is go onto Calor's UK website and it will tell you the sizes of all of the cylinders. The regulator that you have is for a Propane cylinder, not Butane.
Hi,
Thanks for your advise, really appreciated! No idea's on the cd/radio adapter?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,
I got the adapter I bought from Halfords today...didn't fit!
Based on these photos and my wanting to install the previously mentioned Pioneer CD/Radio, how confident are you that the adapter you sent me the link for will do the job?
Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will,
I was surprised as well, I thought it might be me not fitting it correctly, but the Quad Lock (previously attached to the original RCD 200), wouldn't connect to the adapter, and the block from the Pioneer wouldn't connect to either the adapter or the Quad Lock!
I've now order this in the hope that it will fit?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,
This is from another post I created re - installing the Pioneer Radio/CD player..don't know if it will make any sense?
One question though, when you installed yours with this adapter, how did you get the power supply to work?
For example did you have to use the surplus red wire that came with it, and if you did how did you connect it?
Oh! I probably should of included a photo of the RCD 200 Quadlock/wiring setup.

Basically I've got a Pioneer DH3400UB Radio/CD player to replace the original RCD 200 (I think that's right).
I bought a 'Quad Lock/ISO adapter, which connects to the 'block for the original radio, and to the Pioneer Radio, but there's no power?
Someone told me to switch the yellow to yellow wire and the red to red wire so that I have red to yellow, and yellow to red, but this didn't make any difference.
I'm thinking I just haven't got the right adapter?
Any help would be appreciated.
Hopefully the photo's will help?
View attachment 204644
View attachment 204647
View attachment 204645
View attachment 204646

1 - 15 of 15 Posts