VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i live in exeter

i have recently bought a T4 1.9 panel van which kingmarty put me onto and have had windows cut in the sides and a pair of seats put behind the driver & carperted walls & a spray over externallly -

looking to turn it into a day van for kids and bikes etc - hoping to box out the arches over the weekend with a table / bed option between arches (if that makes sense)

budget is strangled at the mo so it may be just a boxin out exercise (my first passion is 4x4's and got a new zuke comin towards the end of the month hence the lack of spons) :(

·
Registered
867 Posts
hello and welcome T:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ty for the welcomes

started boxing out my van -

a friend of mine is a builder and was clearin a small job so i secured some ply, 2x2 & mr chipboard,

i was in a rush for some extra seats one saturday so boxed out one of the rear arches,

this weekend i'll be taking it out along with the rear seats already fitted to put 22mm mr chipboard down for flooring might be a bit over the top but gonna see (otherwise it'll be off to bnq to by some 12mm ply),

i read that some people put acoustic underlay down before the flooring, i might try that approach rather than battenin and insulating unless someone can convince it makes that much difference to the comfort in the van (cant see i'll be sleepin in it that much, its more a day van) so with heavy flooring and accoustic matt i'm hoping to kill of some road noise)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
decided to buy 12mm ply for floor and had a beat up factory fitted rubber mat so left that down and plyed over it and screwed ply down on top givin me a nice accoustic sandwich but i may live to regret because the potential for spoungy movement - but figure if i use carpet tiles it wont matter too much or even if i lino it the lino will move as one with ply managed to hide joint in ply under side units

insulated the panels with rockwool in bin liners as this was the cheapest option and hoping thats enuf to stop it assobing any condesation in van i may take a bit out in a few months to check it was only £5 a bag :) did i mention i was on a budget at mo LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts