VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 1993 T4 1.9 TD Camper last year after a looooooong search.
I'm in awe of all of you doing own repairs/renovations etc but think I may have to leave most of this to the experts!

·
Premium Member
3,162 Posts
Many first time owners, like yourself, once they get their Van home and start to realize the many jobs that they have never tackled before are sat in front of them, do panic a bit at the thought of so much to do :eek:

However, there is a mountain of information and guides on the Forum to help you through many of the jobs...obviously loads will be beyond your capability but you may be surprised with how much you can achieve with the help of so many others on here.

It seems you have a basic Camper, which is sometimes better than a panel van as at least you are able to use it whilst you do the renovations you require...I did my own conversion without knowing very much about what was required, but through searching the Forum and asking question I have managed to get through it all and am pleased with the results...you will find many stories like mine from other Forum members, many with build threds and 'how to's' T:

It may help you also to go to one of the 'Forum meetings' near you, where you can pick up tips and sometimes help from friendly and like minded folk.

Good luck with you project...:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts