VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We've just bought our first camper after many years of me planting the seed and many recent months looking. It's a T5 2013 with double barn doors - we were after a tailgate but this van ticked all the other boxes.

We're really pleased with it and are now looking for a bike rack to hold 4 bikes (2 adult 2 childrens) We have a detachable towbar. No roof spoiler but I think the bumper is modified.

We're considering an Atera STRADA DL 3 to 4 bike carrier as it fits on the towbar and lowers away from the van - but I can't imagine that the barn doors would fully open?

Can anyone suggest anything else? Ideally we'd want one that swings out the way - but not sure if the barn door hinges can take the weight.

Many thanks! Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chayoliver. Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised and pleased to hear that the barn doors open fully - I would expect a tailgate to, but I thought the double doors would catch on the frame of the carrier. As far as I'm concerned, that's a bonus. I'll be ordering one soon (unless anyone suggests an alternative). Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts