VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My fiancé and I are looking to self-build a T5 camper conversion and, after much googling brought us to this forum, decided it would be best to join up. We currently own a MY2010 BMW 320D with all the mod-cons, so chopping this in for a bog-standard van might prove painful!

From what I've seen here I have a facelift model in mind with air-con as a must. I understand that the 140PS is the only van with the six-speed box which will handle more tuning? We will be motorway driving it too, so i presume the 6th gear will help with MPG and comfort. Any pointers welcomed.

The regular galley kitchen with R&R bed option appeals to us; I initially focussed on a LWB due to remarks about the SWB not leaving a whole lot of room by the fridge, but have seen photos which appear to show enough fridge-access room when the bed is down - can anyone confirm if SWB's leave fridge access (assuming the fridge will be the nearest unit to the drivers' seat, which I'd like to have swivel).

I'm looking forward to getting this project started and will post up a thread once it gets going.

Cheers all,
Adam

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck with your new project.
I can open my Waeco CR50 with the bed down (RIB) in a SWB
What are the differences between RIB, R&R and the other names of beds? Is it different brands or is it different styles of bed?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck with your new project.
I can open my Waeco CR50 with the bed down (RIB) in a SWB
Cheers for the info.

We've just bought a 2015 T6 Highline 140PS SWB in silver, so the build will commence... once I've got some money back in my wallet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts