VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post, although Ive read pages and pages of posts.......Ive learned so much already and dont even have a T4 yet!!!

Im off to view a late T4 tomorrow and its a fair drive. Other than the usual issues with second hand motors, is there anything specific to a T4 (other than belts and pump - which have been recently done) to look for on the vehicle.
for example, I have VAG-COM and could hook this up to check for faults etc. Is it worth it, does nayone know of any obvious VAG-COM related red herrings, or genuine issues?

Any help/tips appreciated as Im travelling 390 miles for this one..........cant wait to join the T4 clan, and Im sure I'll be modding too based on what ive seen/read on here.

thanks,

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Its a long way to go ...

Speaking from personal experience over the last few days, check the heater ontrols all work. My temp control and air direction control knobs were both stiff and the temp one also had a tight spot.

They are now both knack'd. . .

pretty minor point in relation to life, the universe and everything but COLD air on your feet during the morning run to work can really pinch!!
80 quid from VW i've been told.

Rear brake arms can get stiff and stop going back to the stops - meaning they wont auto adjust, pretty minor and easily rectified.
Sliding door bottom roller - self destruction tendancies. (cheap fix)

Good luck with the van hunt and a pre-emtive welcome to the clan man :ILU:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts