VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people

I just wanted to jump on board and introduce myself as I will be spending a lot of time on the forum and asking many (already asked no doubt) questions.

I currently do not own a van although having not long purchased a puppy myself and my good lady think the time is right to join the camper brigade as we would like to travel with our new family member and see some of the world.

We are looking to purchase a VW van and either convert it (if that is the better option) or buy one already converted if it meets our requirements which is not much, a bed, cooker, fridge and sink are obviously the basics as we would like to be able to go onto camp sites and just hook up and go when we want.

As I always believe in being honest I have to say I do not have a clue about the vans themselves and any information regarding which is classed as good and which is classed as bad will be greatly appreciated although I am sure they all have good and bad points.

I have seen plenty some look extreamly nice and some look very poor but like anything I guess it is how you look after them.

I am not scared to throw a few pounds at one and would never buy the cheapest option because I would rather purchase a decent van and equipment which will last us for a good few years and not 5 minutes.

Anyway I wont ramble on but sure you all get the drift.

So hello to you all T:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hello, welcome aboard.
Two years ago I was in a similar position to you. I purchased a t5 panel van from a painter and decorator.
After spending hours on this forum gaining knowledge,inspiration and stealing loads of ideas. I have completed most of the conversion myself. Not electrics.
I now have a campervan with the layout I want and a smug satisfaction of the work I have done. I love it.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts