VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd start a new thread as i've found a van but need some advice asap please. It's a 2007 t30 2.5 130bhp 100k with full history so first question, is there anything i need to look for in paticular? Also the airbag light does not come on and stay on for five seconds or so like my car, should it? Can anyone quickly check there's and see if and what the airbag light does when you switch the ignition on? many thanks in advance. Ps what should the airbag light look like? is it a steering wheel like my car?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would really appreciate some help with this guy's, i'm suppose to be picking it up on friday so really need to know if this is an issue?
Done a site search but didn't find anything:dunno:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
airbag is in the steering wheel, my light come on with ignition the goes out as soon as engine is runningT:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. Can anyone confirm what the light looks like? I was looking for a lit up steering wheel symbol like my car, is that correct?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Airbag light in my caddy is like a side view of an airbag gone off against a passenger in the seat. It goes off approx 5 seconds after the ignition is switched on.

I'll check the T5 when I'm back in a few hours if no one else has.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Just checked my"Controls & Equipment" book, this is a 2007 1.9, but should be the same and it's a picture of a person in a seat with an airbag going off in their face, that's the only way to describe it. Sounds the same as the Caddy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats great guys. That symbol does come up and stay on for five seconds, i was looking for a steering wheel symbol like on my car:confused:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, picked the T5 up on saturady as planned, turns out it's only had one owner really, the guy changed the log book from his company name into his own name. He also missed out a few extra's on the add such as parking sensors, captains seat, traction control so pretty freckin happyT: Really does drive sweet, just a few marks that he didn't mention but i'll get them sorted when i get the bumpers and spoilers done. Also got some vw alloys with new tyres so i can sell them when i get my 20's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts