VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all first off wkd forums learnt masses and got loads of inspiration from them already which has helped with my T4 LWB build (team white). (will be putting some pics on in the nex few weeks when a get a minute from working on it!) SO thanks for that everyone, some really tidy vans

BUT question for you all, has any one tried venting a 2 way fridge into a wheel arch b4? For either the lower gas sink or for the top vent/flue, OR for both. I cant see why providing the vent doesnt fill with **** this wouldnt be a gd idea. saves making more holes than necessary in the side of my van anyways!

Thoughts pls!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
The top vent has to be quite high, don't think it would be a problem for the lower vent though, my lower vents are in the floor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate i need to find myself a flue venting kit and that'll be sorted! Did you use copper tubing to connect your gas to fridge, I would rather use flexi rubber gas tube as its easier to route, but manual advises copper.Prob just gonna go with rubber.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I have hose in the gas bottle compartment but then have pipe running to the fridge. This is what you are supposed to have. I would always do it this way to be honest. Pipe is cheap and easy to fit.T:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had to buy 30mtr roll to use about 4mtrs........
If your passing through Dorset your welcome to a long length of copper:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts