VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all !

Well ive been on here for about a year now but just bought my first T4 2.4 caravelle

After owning about 7 mk1 golfs , 5 mk2 golfs , a corrado , sciroccos , Aircooled t25 , polo's and many American yanks i've always fancied one of these and found the perfect one.

Its lowered on Audi rims , tints , camper conversion and had a recent respray , future plans are a nice set of 17" 5 spoke rims and some interior work

A few problems that ive come accross

1) Temp guage dont work
2) Interior roof blowers dont blow warm air
3) judders at 35 - 40 mph just inbetween that speed though ???

here's a link to some of my old cars

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww319/woody-s/my cars/

Thanks for looking

Woody :ILU:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum bud.
Nice coloured van you got there too.

Steve W....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi.
I'm a newbie to T4's as well and have just bought a 96 Caravelle 8 seater but you're a bit farther along than me,mines as it came from VW so no alloys or tinted windows,old black bumpers and original red paint work so deep pockets needed,no rush though,main priority at the mo is sorting out some sort of sleeping arrangement for Silverstone in July.

On the plus side it only had one owner from new and was used to transport their disabled son so was well maintained,it has over 30 service stamps in book but understandably now showing signs of it's age.

Anyway good luck,hope you enjoy and I will no doubt see you around here somewhere,I've become a T4 spotter always looking for ideas.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi.
I'm a newbie to T4's as well and have just bought a 96 Caravelle 8 seater but you're a bit farther along than me,mines as it came from VW so no alloys or tinted windows,old black bumpers and original red paint work so deep pockets needed,no rush though,main priority at the mo is sorting out some sort of sleeping arrangement for Silverstone in July.

On the plus side it only had one owner from new and was used to transport their disabled son so was well maintained,it has over 30 service stamps in book but understandably now showing signs of it's age.

Anyway good luck,hope you enjoy and I will no doubt see you around here somewhere,I've become a T4 spotter always looking for ideas.
Cool ! sounds like you found a good one, might see you driving about in it as i work in seaford live in peacehaven. Since owning one i've seen loads of nice one's in our area , would be good to organize a monthly meet somewhere?

Have you put any pictures up of yours?

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum I live in Peacehaven as well :eek:

Sliver T4 with black flowers and Rims T:

Our regional rep is local too and organises meets at the Saltdean tavern (RussT4 thread in the regional section)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Our regional rep is local too and organises meets at the Saltdean tavern (RussT4 thread in the regional section)
Just replied to you in another thread :) Nice van T:

Let me know when the next meet is buddy - will be there for sure

I work near brooklyn motors so you should see me parked up somewhere

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,just picked it up last thursday,have taken a few pics over the weekend but not figured out how to post pics yet.

There's a very good chance I will see you around,I'm looking at all the T4's I come across for ideas,I'm sure people think I'm dodgy,can't resist having a peek through windows to see what they've done inside,it's all so new to me but there are some great conversions around,I just need to take some time and really decide what I want (and what I can afford,there needs to be a limit).

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Do you know anyone in our area that can sort out a non working temp guage for me? not too sure what to look for :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice bus!

I'm a newbie from East Sussex too, looking for places to help with carpeting etc that aren't in Wales or Sheffield, any ideas guys?

Oh, have you tried Eurovans, not cheap but a few of my mates use them for servicing and rate them, though I imagine people here may have other thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone in sussexs, just move to hove. Drive a t4, wondering if anyone could help. Need a good mechanic or a garage to service and fix a few bits on the van.
Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts