VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Smittie here from South Africa. We just got our brand new, second hand 2011 Transporter 4Motion BiTdi! Igrew up in kombi's and Caravelles. Now I have the chance to give my own kids the same. Feeling so blessed!!! Love forum!

See you around!

Regards

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Hello, used to live in joburg and my parents lived in Pietermaritzburg and then Durban. Welcome to the forum. Shudder to think of the cost of your van but the last car I bought before I left was a MK5 2.0 cortina estate in mint condition and was R6000. I bet a set of tyres would cost that now :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tyres for the bus would be more than R6000!!! Yes, we pay a hell of a lot more for cars, but it has been like that for a long time. I once actually got a good explanation for the reasons for this, but the argument slipped my mind. But considering how little we pay for property, I guess all is well!
Anyway, glad to be here. I'm so jealous of you guys in the UK!!! I've been looking at all the goodies for our vehicles here on the site.... And I must say that you've got it good!! You are so spoiled for choice!!! Looks like I will be importing then.... Lol!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Smittie, Im also from SA, but still here...:) These guys are spoiled for choice, ps also have a brand new 2011 Transporter DSG 4Motion

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome Smittie.
I was born in Cape Town, but family moved back the UK in 1980. Still have family in Cape Town and visit regularly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi i am from south africa live in cape town love my caravelle T5 2004 axe .AMAZED with all the features but still learning.Only concern there parts are extremely scares.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts