VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Every van I've owned I've joined the makers forum, for great info, tips and advice.
Ive been on the tranny forums and lately benzworld, but throughout the years this is the place I've been looking forward to finally joining.
A VW forum :)
Hoping to secure a deal with a 1998 T4 800 special ABL engine and in baby blue early next week.
Currently been of the road and garaged for nearly 2 years, but has had all the modding bits done and just needs the tarting up doing.
So looking forward to spending every weekend and the evenings in the summer, in the back with me tools getting stuck in to bringing it back to life.
Its been regulary serviced at Brickwerks Holmfirth and i know the guy I'm buying it off and confident that its gonna last.
Has only travelled 118k on the same block so still a baby.

mods are: Lowered by 60mm on Bilstein B6 gas shocks and H&R springs
K&N high performance panel filter, regularly cleaned with K&N recharge kit
EGR valve has been removed
Stainless side exit exhaust system from Pipewerx. Sports catalytic converter, no silencer and short length with Lifetime warranty
Polyurethane bushes on all suspension joints
Goodridge braided brake hose all round
New-ish brake disks
New battery
Cooper tyres with about 5000 miles left on em.
VW OEM side windows professionally fitted ,professionally tinted and security filmed
Swivels fitted to the captains chairs (the seats swivel to the rear) with an under-seat safe on the drivers side
Removable steering wheel (to let the seat swivel and for security)
Thatcham Cat1 alarm and immobiliser
Roof vent
New improved door slider -
Sony bluetooth stereo and Vibe speakers with wiring for rear units

Current owner has stripped internal panels off and rust treated every where, and every hole.
So i,ve basically got a shell with all that done, i need to insulate and re-panel, bit of cord carpet, fit the rear 3 seater bench in the back he's suppling me, bolt on the included side bars and I'm good to go :)
Got the obvious small rust patches externally that need doing, and a rusty fuel cover flap (which i'm gonna leave rusty)
so a bit of a spray touch up and plenty of wax should see it looking respectable in no time.

Once i've become the new confirmed and very happy owner i'll drop some pics on here to show you, for before and after, with a lot of in-between!!
Thanks for reading and letting me on the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts