VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone...

Great Forum you have,loads of useful information and tips.But i couldn't find anything relating to a possible problem on a T4 2.5 Tdi 2002 SWB that i went to look at yesterday...Potential purchase?

The van itself is very tidy and appears to be well maintained,but on the test drive i noticed clutch judder (not excessive) and also the clutch pedal was heavy certainly heavier than i think it should be.Gear selection seemed ok though???
My thoughts where that the clutch might be on it's way out??But i'm not sure??Milage is currently at approx 150K miles.

If anyone has experienced something similar and would like to let me know what the problem is,or could give me a bit of advice that would be great T:

Cheers
Andy

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Hi Mate welcome clutch judder is common on the T4 but it should not have a heavy pedal sounds like the dfm is going oh thats the dual mass flywheel so get some prices mate as not cheap to do T:

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Not cheap to do but not impossible eh.. Get some prices as said and factor that into the purchase price T: Might just feal heavy if you not used to vans :*

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
same as mine when i bought it,also 150k.when i remapped it,it slipped,so fitted new clutch/dmf/bearing.
it took nearly 7hrs at my mates garage.its a £500=£700 job:eek:it may not slip for ages,but its not going to improve eitherT:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the speedy reply.Very helpful information T:

Do you have a rough idea on cost to replace the clutch and dual mass flywheel?More or less than £500?

Thanks again Buddy :)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
the parts are around the £200 mark i think,cant remember to be honest,its the labour thats involved that bumps it up,but after doing mine with my mate...i understand why!the judder is yr dmf,only needs a small amount of play for the judder,but if it needs the clutch,do the lotT:

just checked fleabay,clutch kit anything from£100=£500?depending on brand/model

1 - 7 of 7 Posts