VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have decided to take the leap and get a camper. Based in the Highlands of Scotland however willing to travel.

When viewing a VW camper, what things should i be looking for and is millage an issue? (i have seen some vans over 250,000)

What i am looking for is a T5 with a pop top and rock and roll bed with at least 4 seat belts and preferably LWB (but not a deal breaker)

I have a budget of around £18000 - £20000

Things that would be good to have
electric hook up
leisure battery
heater
reverse camera
Swivel seats
Tow Bar

Any other suggestions on what to look for?

Many Thanks
Jordan

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
162 Posts
Sounds a healthy budget.. you may not get a full camper for that I reckon your looking at an older t5 a if you want all the goods. The t5 pre 2010 which runs the 1.9tdi or 2.5 tdi seem within the budget you have. The t5.1 is the 2.0tdi from 2010 on and the van prices go up. The miles ain't an issue if well maintained. It's the parts all around, any rust etc. Electricals etc. If you buy an empty van and do it up but you will spend up to 10 grand sorting it. I use eBay for a general guide and youll find some decent stuff. Sometimes AutoTrader. I'd recommend getting the best base you can and building up over bit of time. 👍 hope some help. Have fun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts