VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking to source a T5 van, and then add 3 seats so that I have 5 seats in total. Probably a very simple question for the people that know, but when buying a T5 VAN ..... if it only has 2/3 seats already, will it have the 'seating joints' (or whatever you would call the technical term) to just slot in a row of 3 in the rear? When i say slot in .... that is to say, maybe some(thing ?????) required first, but at least some generic points in the rear of the van that would allow seats to be added. The same question would also be applied to the points on the side of the van at which Seatbelts would need to be added?

I have located a twin side loading 'Kombi' T5 (SWB) ...but doesnt have any rear seats in it (I know I am a newbie, but I thought a Kombi was essentially a crew van and would have rear seats? I suspect somebody has added some windows to a panel van etc) ... it has been ply lined and there doesnt seat to be any fixing points on the floor for seats ....hence my question really.....wouldnt want to purchase the vehicle and find out that I couldnt add any rear seats to it (the vehicle is 200 miles away so am not really in a position to check as such).

and finally (apologies for the life story)...given that the SWB T5 has twin side loading doors ..... I presume that wouldnt pose a problem for adding a seatbelt to the 'proposed' rear seats would it?

many thanks for everybodies time,

cheers,
Richard.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Even if there are no seat fixing points on the floor there are still retro fit seats available.
A friend of mine had a triple rear seat with integral bulkhead and seat belts supplied and fitted by these people.
The seats were good quality finished in Inca material to match his existing.

http://www.bott-direct.co.uk/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts