VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Today is the day!

When my little boy left for pre-school this morning he said he was sad that I was selling my car, but by the time he got to pre-school he was excitedly telling everyone about the new van and how I was going to collect him in it this afternoon. Unfortunately the garage had problems getting hold of a suitable load rated tyre, so collecting has been delayed until 16:00, meaning I won't be able to pick my boy up. Looking forward to taking him for a spin later on though!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ahhh the disadvantage of having Cannondale lefty!! Tbh we have rarely put bikes in the van even with it converted. The VW bike rack on a T5 is a joy to use and designed brilliantly. Everything mentioned about T5.1 Kombi 140 high line mentioned on this thread is right Only thing we changed was the leaking oem side windows

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
All excited then Craikey ? ?
Now youve just gotta hope the rain holds off long enough for you to get out and play with your new toy ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Bike and van
by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

I got out in the van at the weekend - loaded up the family and my bike (which fitted in the back easily). Dropped the family off at the in-laws, then went off for a bike ride, before heading back to join them for the rest of the afternoon.

As I have moved on from being a "newbie potentially buying a van", I have created a thread in the garage section, which I will continue to update.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts