VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi one and all thought I would put an intro up and say hi. Been around petrol driven objects for 32 odd years now (you do the maths haha) with great loves for the VW mark and Land Rover mark, the latter being because i be a brummy boy. Having owned beetles and golfs I bought a T5 some 8 years ago a lovely 8 seater window van T28 1.9Tdi 102. After moving with work to the small isle out in the Irish sea some 7 years ago was stupidly encouraged to sell it for another golf to join our then brand spanking new Mk 5 golf sport, I well regretted it and within 6 months was mopping around hankering for another van. Guess what the missus has now seen the light and wants another T5 !!!. So showtime ! so far only found a 2008 swb 130 part converted van with dsg for sale with side windows and no other fitments done yet, but it seems steep at £14k inc vat even tho it has full non dealer sh and low 52k miles (am I wrong and just tight ?). So ideas please, would prefer a lwb 2009 ish van with side windows 6 seats 1.9 102 or 2.5 130 manual. I am mechanically inept and have never tried a diy conversion before so would prefer something near enough kombied to start with. Suggestions where to source and what to pay would be gratefully received. Time to get back in the groove and enjoy the van scene once again. Regards Mike.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts