VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're not looking for alloys but would rather have steels that are coloured either by paint or powder coating - still need to research the differences. So to get us a bit further along I wonder if someone can help/educate me and my good wife T:

- what is the difference between a steel wheel and a banded wheel. I have standard wheels on my Shuttle - are these the type of steels that can be painted/powdered?

- can i fit BFG ATs/Cooper ATs style tyres to normal steel wheels? I'm struggling to understand the various numbers on tyres/wheels so can't work out if these wheels are correctly load rated or if i would need something special

- is it easy to get steel wheels coloured? or do i need to buy them pre coloured?

Basically what we (the wife has a bigger say :eek:) want are pink wheels with chunky tyres, but not really after a lowering on suspension LOL:

If anyone knows who i should speak to to help me with this ... or there are traders on here who want to help the ignorant, please let me know :D

thanks in advance A:

·
Registered
489 Posts
There is a good thread on here recently about fitting big a/t three and not lowering... Not an expert on wheel painting etc so can't be more help

good luck

·
Registered
490 Posts

Like this? These going on to mine this week.

Look up the general grabber thread on here.

Your standard steels could take a 225 70 16 BFG Goodrich ok

You can fit a wider tyre therefore a meaner looking setup to a banded steel wheel, User name: Colese supplies them painted and banded with tyres if you are interested.

Also look at Shuvitsideways build thread, a great read.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did read the recent general grabber thread but admit I got completely confused by the different numbers for wheels, tyres etc :( but yep, that's the general idea of what I would like to do T:

Thanks for the build thread - I'll check that out. I'll also look up the chap who Colese the supplier too - thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts