VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, and please ignore the terrible username from a few years back when I initially signed up (I hope they let me change it haha)! My name's Craig from Swansea and i've finally bought myself a van!

A little about the van: It's a 2003 2.5tdi LWB in a pale grey colour (not sure of the name). Solid underneath and pretty good miles at 125k, so I think I got myself a bit of a steal! It's been lowered, has side windows already fitted and 3 seats in the rear with integrated seatbelts. It's the 'blue i' 88bhp model but has a Pajero intercooler, some injectors and map and is now around 125bhp.

The guy who sold it was also kind enough to throw in some side bars with it along with some other spares but i'm not sure if I like them yet!

It needs some jobs here and there and the eventual plans are to turn it into a camper. Look forward to learning more about the vans and checking out some of yours.

Ta! Craig

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
not knowing the paint colour is a bitch when the bumpers crack or theres any scratches to touch-upo_O

Rich.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Might sound like a complete noob question...is there a paincode stickered up on the van anywhere?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Might sound like a complete noob question...is there a paincode stickered up on the van anywhere?
not for a non-standard colour (y)

there could be a build-data sticker with origonal engine / gearbox / paint / interior trim codes etc. in a few places on the van, by the fusebox, below the front floor-mat (either side?) & maybe on the bulkhead behind the glovebox area (under mat & sound deadening foam)

Rich.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not for a non-standard colour (y)

there could be a build-data sticker with origonal engine / gearbox / paint / interior trim codes etc. in a few places on the van, by the fusebox, below the front floor-mat (either side?) & maybe on the bulkhead behind the glovebox area (under mat & sound deadening foam)

Rich.
I'll have a look when I get home later :]

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
Welcome aboard, very nice looking T4 you've got there.
If (hopefully not) at some point you'll need some paint work, any decent company will use a colour matching gizmo as even knowing the paint colour is not enough for an exact match due to years of fade etc so wouldn't concern yourself too much.
Also re your username, drop one of the mods a pm and they'll sort it (y)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome aboard, very nice looking T4 you've got there.
If (hopefully not) at some point you'll need some paint work, any decent company will use a colour matching gizmo as even knowing the paint colour is not enough for an exact match due to years of fade etc so wouldn't concern yourself too much.
Also re your username, drop one of the mods a pm and they'll sort it (y)
They've already changed it....it used to be 'Beach Bum Craig' :ROFLMAO:

Paint work is one of those areas where I think keeping a van looking mint is nigh on impossible if it actually gets used. Bumps and scrapes add personality, so hopefully I wont need to have any paintwork done (fingers crossed).

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
They've already changed it....it used to be 'Beach Bum Craig' :ROFLMAO:

Paint work is one of those areas where I think keeping a van looking mint is nigh on impossible if it actually gets used. Bumps and scrapes add personality, so hopefully I wont need to have any paintwork done (fingers crossed).
😂 you should've stuck with Beach Bum Craig 😂

Have to agree in some cases, seeing a camper with marks does show it's had some adventures.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
😂 you should've stuck with Beach Bum Craig 😂

Have to agree in some cases, seeing a camper with marks does show it's had some adventures.
Definitely. I live by the Gower in Swansea and i'm constantly taking the Volvo down narrow lanes scuffing bushes and what not....I can only imagine this would be tighter again in the T4

1 - 18 of 18 Posts