VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Hope someone can help my T5 2.5 bnz is in limp mode more often than not, its coming up with boost pressue high G31, in the past few months its had a new dpf,lambda sensor, turbo cleaned and checked , last week new g31 pressure sensors and today cleaned out the egr housing. when its not in limp it drives well just need some pointer please !

·
Registered
275 Posts
if the boost really is high then its possibly the turbo vnt at fault. However I suggest you get it read with vagcom or vass machine as generic fault code readers often give the wrong description to a fault. Its possible that your boost is actually low and you only have something as simple as a boost leak? Ideally you need the p code to be able to get an accurate fault description/component.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Get some innotec turbo clean set.

Clean the VNT part of your turbocharger - and all will be well again.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
whats the vnt part of the turbo?
Variable Nozzle Turbo

You need to rev these engines to keep the turbo from gunking up...

A good 1 hour blast down the motorway once in a while will clear the turbo T:

If you want to know what the internals of a vnt looks like

Not sure the embedded youtube thing is working, so here is the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXUlwNLIySc

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it had the turbo cleaned proffesionaly by a turbo reconditioners when the dpf was done less than 3 months ago ! So hope its something else or might have to start from scratch !

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
There is not really anything else it can be with an overboost code. I know you have had it cleaned. Could it have carboned itself up again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep that was it fully fixed with the repair kit from VW for £7 this seems ao be more of a common problem ! popped round to see a mate on way back from fixing to find the had RAC out to his fixing same problem for the second time as repaired back in the summer by a different patrolman !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts