VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, well still not got a van, but now doubled my budget through the sale of another toy. Now looking at apporx 5k to spend, so the search has moved into another gear. But, I have a few more questions, I hope some may be able to answer.

Does anyone have an idea how much thirstier a syncro might be over a standard 2.5TDI, if at all?

Can a syncho be lowered - I have seen conflicting coments on this and so remain unsure?

I'm hoping to grab the newest model I can. I know there were the last of line Special Edition X pack, with leccy windows etc, but if I got a later model without these options, are they likley to be easily added, or would the lesser models have a different loom, requiring these additions to be "spliced" in?

I think thats it for now. I have a couple to hopefully view Sunday, but with increased funds so does the pickyness:confused:. But its imminent!

Thanks, Phil.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Welcome!

Why do you want a syncro?

Less miles to the gallon.

More things to go wrong.

Slower.

Never that good off road due to over hangs.

Wear out tyres more.

Gear box very expensive to repair compared to two wheel drive.

Please dont be offended by MY thoughts.

If i had £5000 i would try and buy a nice X Pack.

Rob

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi There, no offence taken. The Syncro questions are based upon the fact that they are there I am just weighing up all options. I am going to do a bit of traveling in whatever van I get, and so for a nano second thought the 4x4 option may be of use. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts