VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha ha just gave deposit on an 04 t5. On ebay now getting bits for it, any advice on easiest way to get electric power into van

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Well done with the van mate.
My quick fix for electric in the van was by way of a camping hook up with the four sockets that i just screwed to the ply on the wall, then just trail the lead out of the back doors of the van.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but how would you transfer it from the wire to the three pin socket. sound clueless i know

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
but how would you transfer it from the wire to the three pin socket. sound clueless i know
I don't know what you mean by that. So here is a pic for you. It's basically a camping hook up complete with sockets.rcd, cable and three pin connector for £39. I just adapted it for a quick fix.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for all the questions mate but where would I find one of these,being new to this havnt got a clue but obviously hoping to do a bit of camping with the kids and they will probably need tele etc

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
avnt got the van yet picking it up in the week otherwise I would be down there picking up some ideas. How do you join the group or do you just turn up

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
sorry for all the questions mate but where would I find one of these,being new to this havnt got a clue but obviously hoping to do a bit of camping with the kids and they will probably need tele etc
You can get them off the net, got mine from Go Outdoors in cardiff.
Have since taken it out of the van now, as i bought an awning and leave it there with the electric cool box. That way i can drive away for the day while the beer stays chilled.T:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
avnt got the van yet picking it up in the week otherwise I would be down there picking up some ideas. How do you join the group or do you just turn up
Join :eek: Just turn up bud. T:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers for that mate. How will i know about future meets and can i just turn up and be welcomed

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
cheers for that mate. How will i know about future meets and can i just turn up and be welcomed
Just go into the community section and click on the welsh region.All details are on there.
Novo's the man who can he posts all the details. And yes just turn up. A:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha found the mains at go outdoors ordered one online, but your opening up new levels with the awning that you leave there. Is it a tent that meets the van but can detach and still have four sides.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
12 hours to go till I pick up my T5. Been waiting for this for a while and cant wait to do some camping in the summer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts