VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i currently have a mk4 golf, look at swapping or selling and getting a t4 transporter and converting it to a camper.been reading quite a bit about them and it doesn't look too hard (i'm quite ractically minded), and some of the conversions look real plush! I just wonder what sort of money people spend on them on average. The other thing it insurance, who are you with and do you have to declare that its a conversion, does it change the price? thanks guys, sorry for my lack of knowlegde!

·
Bercow fan club
10,206 Posts
Hello, and welcome, It's a bit of a how long's a piece of string question, obviously the costs vary depending on how much you want to spend on the van and how much you want to do to it, as the costs are really dependent on budget, as you have probably seen on here you can spend any amount as there are so many possibilities. insurance, as a van it costs me £200, full no claims and 44 years young. hope that helps T:

·
Registered
879 Posts
yup like the rest of the guys sez. our vans can by a money pit, but when you get one you'll see why, drives like a car, comfy and great for camping, im n ole classic car petrol head, u name it ive had it really!!, but since having the van i dont miss em, and the mrs and the dog love the van as well. win win.. and heres the biggy, the mrs doesnt mind how much we spend on the vanI:A: erm within reason LOL: get the best one you can afford the interiors ready made are not cheap, but you buy to your budget, my friend builds custom interiors for vans, stunning work too. hes putting one in my next week......:D just buy a t4.. A:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts