VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just signed up to this mine of useful information.

We have a company T5 Caravelle 174ps and it never fails to impress me how much grunt it's got! We use it as a daily driver and also as a van (removing seats as necessary) we also tow a box trailer when we do motorcycle shows and it pulls it effortlessly.

My friend is also an owner with a T5 Transporter 130ps which he plans to convert into a camper (apparently Ikea futons fit very well!)

PS You can fit a motorcycle in the back of a T5 I:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome aboard...

XT600 and a ZZR11 in mine......

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha good responses!

Scottoiler are in Milngavie, vans in for a service just now and all I can say is ouch!!!

Anyone recommend a good independant garage who are familiar with T5's?

ARB, drop links, bushes, rear springs, rear discs and pads, rear number plate light strip require replacement...

:eek: been quoted about £1400

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've had my neighbours hayabusa and mates Triumph Sprint ST in my swb. It's tighter than a big bag of tight things but they go in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The van really doesn't get a hard life, it used to tow a trailer once maybe twice a year, although with the economic downturn and the declining trade show attendance this won't happen as much anymore.

It doesn't get used everyday, if it does it's to transport a hnadful of people maybe a dog or 2.

The 3 seat bench seat gets lifted in and out more often than most I'm sure but I have to say the quality has disappointed a bit, the bench seat design in particular it weighs over 50kg I estimate, the plastics all fall off it as there's nowhere to hold it when lifting it out.

I:

But I'm sure the service will do it some good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts