VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on taking the camper to Newquay on the 14th aug for just 2 nights......

Can anyone recomend a campsite as close as possible to the town center? i've just tryed watergate bay but they are only taking minimum 5 night bookings!!.

T:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Im planning on taking the camper to Newquay on the 14th aug for just 2 nights......

Can anyone recomend a campsite as close as possible to the town center? i've just tryed watergate bay but they are only taking minimum 5 night bookings!!.

T:
You can try http://www.porthbeach.co.uk/ on the sea with a pub over the road
Plus i will be on the site from the 12 of Aug for my holiday LOL:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Let me know if they let you stay for a couple of nights in August at Porth Beach, I'm planning to head that way at the end of the month.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Trebarber farm is my favorite. Quiet, bit out of the way, no shop, but nice place. On the way to st columb

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trencreek holiday park is ok. Its in trencreek village just round the corner from Morrisons. Got a bar, outdoor swimming pool,shop & cafe. About a 10 to 15 min walk fro the centre.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Stayed at Hendra for a few nights...dissapointed :(

·
Registered
899 Posts
I forget what its called but the there's a campsite a small walking distance to town just by the zoo/railway bridge.

I quite like Trencreek though, near to town but a nice quite campsite (apart from the night some woman stabbed her husbands hand with a fork, their kids screaming an the police arriving?!)

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I forget what its called but the there's a campsite a small walking distance to town just by the zoo/railway bridge.

I quite like Trencreek though, near to town but a nice quite campsite (apart from the night some woman stabbed her husbands hand with a fork, their kids screaming an the police arriving?!)
when did this happen ??
we just got back a couple of weeks ago from there
steve :ILU:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Try Tranance (think that's how u spell it) it's near Newquay zoo. Only a 10 minute walk to town but it is uphill. However, it's a lot quicker coming back, depending on how sober you are. Enjoy:)

·
Registered
899 Posts
when did this happen ??
we just got back a couple of weeks ago from there
steve :ILU:
ah Trenance! thats the one near the zoo, they have a couples an familes only rule that they don't stick to. But very good distance wise to town, once walked back the short distance from Tall Trees in a hale storm?!

The fork attack happened either last summer or the one before, cant remember. It's the first trouble Iv ever seen there though :D Lovely campsite

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well just back from 5 nights at Porth Beach Tourist Park and, as usual, had a great time on a great site.

Will always recommend this site!!

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Well just back from 5 nights at Porth Beach Tourist Park and, as usual, had a great time on a great site.

Will always recommend this site!!
Considered this one, a bit pricey though.. This Credit Crunch and stay at home holidayers is not having a good impact on camp fees

Guy

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, just got back from Little Treamble Farm - It's in between Newquay and Perranporth 4 miles each way. Beautiful campsite, really clean toilets and showers and owners are very friendly. Onlt paid 12.75 a night for 2 adults and one child with electric. We will definitely be going there again!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
try crantock plains mate - bout 3 mins from newquay and nice and smallT:
Is not in Newquay but i was staying in HolywellBay last week great facilites and only 10 minutes from Newquay by car
http://www.trevornick.co.uk/

Fantastic site several T4 owners recomended to me and not overun with kids and drunks !
Been in both- HIGHLY recommended.

Its possible to Free Camp in the car park opposite the pub just at the path to the beach at Holywell (or it was a while back!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts