VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience of buying a new registration from NewReg (or anyone else)?

For reasons, that are not all about vanity, I'd like to change my reg from the current ageless one to something shows off how old the van is...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks. A job for payday.

But, it seems my current plate might be worth more than my new one. The DVLA don't deal with sales though.

I knew this wouldn't be straight forward...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Use Dvla,s site buddy, no hidden fees, search for the plate you want intials etc. If you do let me know id buy yours as the numbers are significant to meT:
OK - I've submitted the form to start the process. Will let you know when it's listed...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DVLA not interested in old plates, so need to go with an agent. I filled out the form to tell them I was interested in selling...
This can't be done directly between two people right?

·
Registered
452 Posts
l agree dvla prices include paperwork and alot of companys don't stock them they get them from dvla then add extra on top . l got my plates all in for £249 same plate at a dealer was over £300 . so l hope you find what you want from dvla T:

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
DVLA not interested in old plates, so need to go with an agent. I filled out the form to tell them I was interested in selling...
This can't be done directly between two people right?
Yes it can. Get your old plate on a retetion certificate and stick it on ebay .

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
If you apply to take your plate of your van, and put it on retention to sell on. Then dvla will automatically apply an age related plate to your van, granted it will not have your initials etc. Selling through an agent is a no go, i know of people who agencies have promised to sell number plates for £0000s and they are only worth £000's, then they never sell as they are too dear.If your plate is xcz then 4 numbers its just a standard irish plate and easily available and not worth much. Theres a buyer on this thread looking to buy, dont be fooled by agencies

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
I would guess that ni plate is worth only about a ton on a good day.you can buy any number of em from 35 quid on eBay.unless your van was regd new in ni you will almost certainly get the old number back on it if you transfer the current plate onto retention.I think onceit goes onto retention cert you have to pay another fee to get buyers name on it as a nominee but you can transfer it direct for just the 80 quid fee tho it may be more nowadays

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would guess that ni plate is worth only about a ton on a good day.you can buy any number of em from 35 quid on eBay.unless your van was regd new in ni you will almost certainly get the old number back on it if you transfer the current plate onto retention.I think onceit goes onto retention cert you have to pay another fee to get buyers name on it as a nominee but you can transfer it direct for just the 80 quid fee tho it may be more nowadays
So if it WAS originally registered in NI (although now is registered in England) d o I get another NI (age related) plate?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts