VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at both these tyres. Not a lot of price differance, but was wondering the differance in quailty and which ones to get. Could anyone who runs these comment. I am looking at 235/45/17 97w.

Many Thanks

·
Somebody stop me!
11,902 Posts
Loads of reviews on the net bud, Nankangs normally have a terrible write up so i would go with the Nexen even though they are reported to wear quicker. Safety is the key bud T:T:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, read a few internet reviews just nothing on how they are on a T4. Looks like its Nexen.

Many Thanks

·
Somebody stop me!
11,902 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually those Neutons look like a good price. I have read a few people on here using them, perhapes I might go consider them. Thoughts.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,902 Posts
Actually those Neutons look like a good price. I have read a few people on here using them, perhapes I might go consider them. Thoughts.
They are a good price considering they are made by Yokahama (according to my tyre place who's opinion i trust) and the stats on wear ratings grip noise levels etc, etc T:T:

T:

ah... never thought to check ... anyway every little helps i guess T:

:ILU:
Certainly does bud T:T:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had those on my Mercs in 235 40 18XL guise and i couldn't fault them either but they are a bit dearer than the Nankangs and Nexen's the OP has posted here.
They are cheaper than the needs I am looking at. Only a few quid in it. But I have gone over on my wheel budget so every little helps. Thanks for all the help and replies.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Think I might go with Neuton for the saving, but I cant find where to actually buy them. Am I being thick or are they a bit tricky to get hold of.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nexen all day long.... Yes the N6000 does wear quite quickly, but they perform well - also have a lifetime guarantee. T:

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Nexen all day long.... also have a lifetime guarantee. T:
Against what bud ?

Its ok just googled it :)

Lifetime Guarantee
Your Nexen tyres have been manufactured to the highest standards and our confidence in the product allows us to extend a lifetime guarantee on your purchase. If a Nexen tyre develops a fault, including accidental damage during normal motoring, Tyres on the Drive.com will repair it or fit a new Nexen tyre, charging only for the tread used, replacement valve and corrective balance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts