VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up the caravelle tomorrow after searching for about 8 months, I’ll stick some picks up from the advert if I can...

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Looks great Bill, any plans for your new toy?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the comments, picked it up today, all's good, just figuring out a few things like the radio/bluetooth.

I've got some heko wind deflectors to go on, i also bought some chrome trim for the front bumper, and some chrome front and rear badges, so going to have a play around with them, a bit to much black going on for my liking, needs a contrast ( chrome ) even though i normally de-chrome my cars, i think this needs some.

full length chrome sidebars will be getting ordered very shortly, then coilovers, wheels ( maybe banded steels ) and a remap.

oh and I'll be putting the detachable tow bar on for extra protection

that will do for now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
added heko wind deflectors and stuck some chrome under the front drl's, going to continue the chrome across the front grill next.

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Looking good, I'm a firm believer that the little details are equally as important as the bigger ones.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Looking good, I'm a firm believer that the little details are equally as important as the bigger ones.
thanks. i definatly think they make all the difference, ive now realised its desperate for wheel spacers!

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
thanks. i definatly think they make all the difference, ive now realised its desperate for wheel spacers!

I've had spacers on my previous cars but am somewhat unsure about putting them on a T5, if you're looking at new wheels it'd probably pay to get the offset and wheel width to get the look you're after. Just my 2 pence.

·
Registered
113 Posts
thanks for the comments, picked it up today, all's good, just figuring out a few things like the radio/bluetooth.

I've got some heko wind deflectors to go on, i also bought some chrome trim for the front bumper, and some chrome front and rear badges, so going to have a play around with them, a bit to much black going on for my liking, needs a contrast ( chrome ) even though i normally de-chrome my cars, i think this needs some.

full length chrome sidebars will be getting ordered very shortly, then coilovers, wheels ( maybe banded steels ) and a remap.

oh and I'll be putting the detachable tow bar on for extra protection

that will do for now.

Hi, think twice about the sidebars, you will forever have dirty trousers / legs on the lowered Caravelle. Removed mine after 2 weeks and sold them on.

Out of interest as mine is a 64 plate and done 23000 miles, why did it take so long to find one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've had spacers on my previous cars but am somewhat unsure about putting them on a T5, if you're looking at new wheels it'd probably pay to get the offset and wheel width to get the look you're after. Just my 2 pence.
I've done a bit of googling and there’s a fair few running them on t5’s, but I do get what your saying, what it would cost to get spacers all round, would be a nice wedge towards new wheels like you say, just something to think about at the minute, cheers

Hi, think twice about the sidebars, you will forever have dirty trousers / legs on the lowered Caravelle. Removed mine after 2 weeks and sold them on.

Out of interest as mine is a 64 plate and done 23000 miles, why did it take so long to find one.
hi thanks for the warning, after getting in and out of the caravelle today, and paying attention to what you said, I can definitely see what your saying, but I have my mind set on them ( and the mrs is giving it the go ahead, so I mustn’t pass an opportunity of modifying the van when I can lol )

with regards to taking so long to find one, the budget started at about 16-18k, then jumped to 20k, ended up 24k, main priority was a 140bhp not a 180bhp, which most seem to be, modified, executive, fsh, and not a shed, went to look at a few, but weren’t quite as described, by the time I’d weighed up the market price, I realised I’d missed a couple of good ones, around the 18k mark, but I wasn’t upto speed on there prices then, so i was on the look out for similar priced caravellles, but they all seemed to be 2/3k more at dealers, which I wasn’t prepared to pay, so upped the budget and ended up with this one.

wanted a black or grey one originally, but this Came up and fit the bill nicely.

could have had any number of 180’s in the time ive been looking, but my balls aren’t that big lol

Nice looking example that buddy
cheers

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Going to use this thread as a log for the caravelle, added some chrome on the bottom grill, unsure if its staying or not yet, may remove the chrome from under the drl's.

And put the tow bar on, ( mainly for protection )

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I fitted a westfalia removable tow bar on our van a few years back and can recommend it .
I didnt leave the ball on when not in use for the first couple of years cuz i dont like the look.
This year ive had that many people park way too close behind me that i have just left it on for protection as you say ....seems to keep some of the muppets away (y)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This ones a westfalia, looks like a good bit of kit, took me literally 10 seconds to put it on, it might get used once or twice a year for my trailer, might get used 10 times a year to protect the bus from goons who dont give 2 shits about other peoples cars.

Might get one for the front

·
Registered
35 Posts
Going to use this thread as a log for the caravelle, added some chrome on the bottom grill, unsure if its staying or not yet, may remove the chrome from under the drl's.

And put the tow bar on, ( mainly for protection )

That looks awesome, especially the front end.
Its exactly what i want ours to look like.

Again, love it.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts