VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for those of you who have a Eberspacher or similar fitted. What is the location you have chosen to fit this. I have the stove by the side door with the gas bottle in the unit (I'm too lazy to go round to the back of the van) so I'm guessing it cant go anywhere near the gas bottle in case it leeks. I was thinking of putting it under the fridge which is behind the drivers seat but the diesel tank is under there. The wife doesn't want it in the back of the van or under the bed (fixed double at the rear) because of the noise. As you can see I am running out of options. Any Ideas would be gratefully considered.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Put it outside under the driver's seat like VW. Run the heating pipes back under the driver's seat. There are numerous threads on here showing you how - a quick search will reveal all!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
There is a void under the driver's step outside that fits the heater perfectly.
Kiravans do a heater of which is identical to the eberspacher with the option of a stainless steel bracket to aid fitting in this void. If you browse about kiravans web site they have PDF files with pics on how to fit the heater.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps for the replies. I'll have a look at your suggestions. Right now I'm trying to find out why my alarm siren doesn't work. The joys of owning a Crafter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts