VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my T5 1.9 2005 clutch pedal all of a suden went stiffer & i could not select any gears. I have cracked of the bleed screw on the slave & the pedal went down with a clear stream of fluid squirting out. So i am thinking it could be the arm in the bell housing that has failed as there has been no other signs of clutch problems . Has anyone got any sugestions , or is it a new duel mass & clutch. Anyone ever heard of this before?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Sorry, this probably isn't going to be much help, but if as you say, there are no fluid leaks & no air in the system the only other two areas I can think of looking are the clutch release mechanism, i.e. the movement of the slave cylinder, arm & release bearing or possibly an internal problem with the servo itself, if that's possible ?
Hope you get sorted & please let us know what the problem turns out to be.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have it booked to go on the ramp tomorow, so will have a better idea then, in the mean time i have been fitting an eberspacher under the drivers seat & falt finding with the central locking. will let you know more when i have a good rumage on the ramps. Kind regards.
Mark.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, back after the shock to the wallet made me back go to spasm & put my butt firmly in the bed for 3 days. First job on the ramp was to pull off the sub frame for easy access then off with the gearbox, to be faced with a patchy blued up flywheel face & a pressure as ed as a nute, with 3 sprung fingers down. Then i noticed there was a leg of the steel framwork they sit in sheared off & a wall. Searched all over & couldent find the 3" long peice of steel anyware, so presume that its lodged in the guts of the duel mass & maybee that was pushing things out of alignment causing the blueing to be patchy on the flywheel face, also why there were no warning signs of the inevitable failure. Now the proud owner of a t5 with a new duel mass clutch & flywheel at 63k, just hope this one lives to a good pensionable age !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts