VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 599 Posts

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
ah another audi wheel slating thread....maybe some people cant afford £1400 on a set of wheels and tyres and £300 is more within budget mate...

Ive got 4 sets of rims here.all 18inch..BBS,Merc amg's,tsw's and audi RS8's all been painted black,although all nice i have to say,i prefer the RS8's.......

Im sure budget is a assive factor here.:ILU:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
i put the rs6 rims on mine coz i like the way they look factory but are still a nice smart looking rim for a t4.

i personally don't like the rims above but each to their ownI:
I run audi rs6 on mine usually, I kinda like the almost oem look . Got painted standard steelies on at the moment for the winter and am liking the smug " these aint likely to buckle or kerb anytime soon" feeling. If I only used my van for shows and short trips then I would maybe look at something more exotic, but, beach carprks, mountain roads and tracks aint gonna be looking at how trick your rims are, just out to trash 'em. Anyway I'm skint !I:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Why do so many T4 owners put on audi rimsI: Some look o.k but after you have seen 10 vans with the same they well.. all look the same! There are some lovely rims out there with just a pinch of imagination people could find some much nicer rims:ILU:

Anybody got some retro rims they wanna show, seen something a bit different? Show us your rims (but not audi)I:

I have just ordered a set of these.....

Will, the same could be said for 18's,19's and 20's, oh and those so done spikesI:think outside the box for centre caps, and me well its 15's all the way................well if i can get them to fitLOL:

dare to be different

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I see what people mean about the Audi wheels giving that "factory" look, but isn't the point of changing the wheels to make it look "non-factory"?

Got a set of 17" Merc wheels on mine & love the fact that they look different to a standard wheel.

Have had to lose the 3 point star out the centres though, as it looks like I robbed them!LOL:

(Easy to do, just cut the point tips then press out through the centre hole & replace with VW centres!)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

No audi rims on my van (can't afford posh wheels of any kind) just 15" oz velas for the bargain price of £90. With some painted steelies for the winter.( the oz's do look like an audi rim though)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I can see what you are saying and I am a beliver that you should go your own way. I have RS6's on mine .......

I have bought some Carlsson Rims but I have to say I am not sure yet:confused:

I have to say I love the "factory" look as long as the rest of the van is in keeping with the look. And you have got to agree RS6's do look good:ILU:

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It really is personal preference, this isnt an anti audi rim thread, as it is totally up to you what rims you run:ILU: I also dont have mega bucks to blow on rims but you dont have to spend a lot to get sometghing a bit different if you want, just need to do a bit of research to see what will fit and bargains can be had, just check jimmyjames's rims:ILU: Loads of rims will fit the t4:cool:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
yes they do look smart on that bus, the spacer idea was a good oneT:

and will is right, seen some cracking looking old school ones people have got real cheap and refurbed.

still prefer the rs6s thoI:T:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Brought mine with the RS8s on, would love to put something different on but going have to wait until the wife learn's to drive a van and stops kurbing themI:LOL:

21 - 40 of 599 Posts