VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys

so this has happened twice on me now when driving along my turbo just seems to die, I seem to get to about 2500rpm and then it makes a very high pitched whistle and gets louder to a point where it the fades out as I get to like 3000rpm and I also then cant seem to get any speed above 65-70 when this happens?

what the hell is causing this??

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would check for any fault codes then post on here. Could be the small pipes around the turbo, N75 etc. If no boost you wont go very fast anyway. It would be helpful to post what engine etc also. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yer that's what I thought as its intermittent, but regularly its been doing it more, is there like a guide on how to clean your turbo system??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how easy is it to take off the turbo so I can have a look at it? anyone found a guide about this??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE

ive put a new wastegate actuator and all of the 3/4mm hoses and i still have no boost! all i can say is i blocked of my egr valve about 6 months ago and it has been fine up until about 2 weeks ago, i can hear it spooling up low down under 2000rpm but then any thing over that it make a very high pitched noise in the cabin sometimes and then i have no boost? could this be a leak else where??

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Your boost should be in well before 2000 rpm as that's about the point for max torque.
If its whistling as it gets faster it does suggest a leak somewhere, its a bit of a fiddly layout but have a careful look-see and feel for any blowing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE PART 2

so ive been driving the van around for a couple of days now and the boost does seemed to of sorted it self out now but.......when i get to around 3000rpm the high pitched noise still comes on from the drivers side air vent area, could this be a sign of a slight leak still, also probably worth point out i did not put hose clips on all the lines as they seemed to have a pretty snug fit any lines in particular that have high pressure?

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
UPDATE PART 2

so ive been driving the van around for a couple of days now and the boost does seemed to of sorted it self out now but.......when i get to around 3000rpm the high pitched noise still comes on from the drivers side air vent area, could this be a sign of a slight leak still, also probably worth point out i did not put hose clips on all the lines as they seemed to have a pretty snug fit any lines in particular that have high pressure?
There is an O-ring on the tube from the compression side of the turbo. Replace that and see if it gets better

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ITS FINALLY WORKING AGIAN!, turns out you do needs to put the clips on the n75 hoses, put them on today, took it for a spin no strange noise and is pulling nicely was taking it up to 3000rpm which is where it was occurring and all is well, looks like they have a lot of vacuum in them!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts