VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just a simple question.. My wife nailed my car this year and I made an insurance claim under a policy that had no claims bonus protection with Admiral. Now my T5 is due for insurance renewal which is with a totally different company.

Do I need to tell the insurance company that I had a claim even though I have NCP protection?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha... gotta love Alan.

So I take it that no claims protection isn't worth the paper its written on and I've not completely lost my 18 years of never having a claim. FFS. Must be time for a divorce.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just a simple question.. My wife nailed my car this year and I made an insurance claim under a policy that had no claims bonus protection with Admiral. Now my T5 is due for insurance renewal which is with a totally different company.

Do I need to tell the insurance company that I had a claim even though I have NCP protection?
You should always declare an accident to insurance companies irrespective of blame as for no claims are you getting your no claims on both vehicles i certainly dont.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hi Guys,

Hello,

All claims get logged onto a database that insurers have access to.

Our FCA wording for asking claims questions is as follows- accidents, claims, losses in any vehicle within the last 5 years regardless of blame.

So basically yes you need to disclose it :)

Hope that helps.

Dan
A-Plan

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,170 Posts
You should always declare an accident to insurance companies irrespective of blame as for no claims are you getting your no claims on both vehicles i certainly dont.
Point 1: Agree totally :)
Point 2: my experience is that when I ensure a second (or third!) vehicle, I get my first vehicle NCD mirrored onto the extra vehicles, whether it is the same company insuring both or seperate companies. Found this to be the case even when mixing car and commercial cover (Car + T4 van) in which case I got given the equivalent NCD benefit.

In fact, to extend that point, about 3 years ago, took out Admiral Multicar on two cars for two drivers (me and OH). I had 9 years, OH had 1 year.
Admiral mirrored my NCD of 9 years onto OHs car as this is apparently their normal policy, and the following year for renewals, each of our proof of NCD letters gave us 10 years NCD (so she jumped an extra 8 years in just one! Result T:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts