VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have no interior lights at all! I've checked the fuses- all fine. Wiring- all seems fine, bulbs-all fine. Totally at a loss as to what it could be or where to look. Retrimming the roof soon so wanna sort them out before i do that because a last resort would be to put complete new ones in with all new wiring etc.

It doesn't matter if doors are open or closed and ignition on or off i still get no lights.

Help!!

Cheers, Markus :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Do they switch on at all as mine never worked with the doors they were full of crud a good clean had them sorted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem on my van, I found a connection behind the fuse box disconnected. I think it was a black connection that had 1 wire going to it (but there was room for 2), I think it was a red wire going into it.

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My lights don't woirk at all so not door switch related.

As for behind the fusebox, i have quite a few plugs just hanging which aren't connected to anything so no idea which one would be the interior lights. I'll have another look tomorrow though. Need to drop the fusebox lower so i can get to the rear of it better.

Cheers so far, Markus :)

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I have exactly the same issue. Fuses fine, pulled the drivers switch and that was clean and clear. So it looks like i'll have to drop the fuse box for a better look. I'm used to the funny looks at work as i'm always tinkering during lunch times in the car park :D

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just a little update. I've removed all the headlining to carpet it so i've followed the wires along the roof etc and all seems fine there. Removed all the door switches and they are now all clean. I noticed that the drivers side door switch has two wires connecting to it whereas all the others have only one but enough connections for two? Is this right or am i missing some wires on my door switches??

I've removed the glovebox and followed the wiring to there and again, all seems fine. Guess it may be back of the fusebox next then.

Cheers so far,
Mark

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still no interior lights. I'm now thinking of cutting the wires where they run next to the windscreen and joining new wires to them and running them to the fusebox myself. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the interior lights so i know where exactly to connect the new wiring etc?

Cheers,
Mark:)

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I HAVE INTERIOR LIGHTS!!!! Well almost! I decided to run a live wire from the live on the front interior light straight to the battery with a fuse and they all work fine like that! Must be a broken wire somewhere between that light and the fusebox. Will get some decent wire and better fuse holder and wire them in like that for now. If i ever rip the dash out i'll run new wire through the proper fusebox etc.

WEither way it works for now!

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts