VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken my dash out to try and find the iso plug for the stereo speakers and have discovered that I don't have the iso connector that plugs into the stereo. So if anybody has a spare / or link to where to get one that'd be ace! Also how would I go about making the stereo stay on even when the keys aren't in the ignition?
Thx D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lovely stuff mate , thanks :))))
Any idea how to make the stereo stay on at all? Was thinking about taking out a dash blank and making a switch as not a fan of leaving my keys in the ignition when I'm listening to some tunes whilst having a barbecue and that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
just wire both (yellow and red) to permanent live then just use stereo to turn on and off
Careful when doing this as with some radio's it will cause a battery drain, it will be fine if the vehicle is used every day but not if its used only occasionally.

Fitting a switch would be a better idea, and with the use of a relay you could still have it come on automatically with the keys for normal use

Gavin

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just bought a stereo/leisure battery kit from Upspex so gonna fit that next week. Should do the trick
T:T:T:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anybody know what order the speakers plug into the iso connector? ie which is front left right etc
Thx Dave

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool thx for that. What gauge wire will do ? Maybe like. 1.5 mm 16 gauge , or is that overkill?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So I've wired both my amps to under my drivers seat and ran the RCA and the power down separate sides of the van.
Now I need an earth point...

Can I use the spare bolt that is next to the handbrake for an earth or is there any where else that's recommended?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts