VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2000 vw t4 1.9td, my van broke down the other week and it was the turbo that had seized, i sent it off and got it refurbed and they told me it was oil starvation that had caused the problem, i replaced the turbo and also replaced the oil feed pipe but when i turned the van over there was no oil coming out the pipe!

next port of call was sump off and i replaced the oil pump, put everything back together and there is still no oil or any flow!? not even a drip! really stumped at what this could be now, ive taken the oil filter off and theres noting coming out of there either when i turn it over? has anyone had a similar problem with a t4 that can share some info and knowledge with me!

summers coming and i want to get out and about camping already!! its stressing me out so any input is greatly appreciated!
the vans been spot on until it broke down, its got 155k on the clock and been serviced regularly. hoping someone can shed some light on the subject!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
531 Posts
Oil pump driven by auxillary drive shaft, that drives the Vac pump that drives the Oil pump.

You may find the bottom of the Vac pump is worn away as I noticed the Keyway was wearing
on my Vac pump as I was rebuilding the engine.

I would pop the vac pump out and check.

was there any metal Frag in the sump when removed?

Mike

·
Registered
531 Posts
Edit-Re read what you type before posting :(

Oil Pump Driven by Vac pump thats driven by the auxilary drive shaft.

that makes more sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi mike thanks for your response, i was thinking vac pump as thats the only thing i could find info on that even slightly related to my problem, the technition at midland turbo said if it was vac pump problem then it would at least dribble out of somewhere, the sump was clean when removed (no debris or grit of any kind)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Mate

There would be no leak or anything if the vac pump was at issue as the shaft on the end of the Oil Pump
slots in the drive gear fitted to Vac pump.

You would still get Vac pressure if No Oil Pressure.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts