VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my van wont start and have found their is no power to the heater plug relay.the relay is fine but no power to the socket it plugs into. it a 2.5tdi, 52 plate.

thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Check for loose connections at back of fuse box, also check main loom from fuse box to ecu
could be broken/damaged wire. I had a similar problem with mine last weekend.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys, here,s the story,

with the heater plug relay out if i put a link of wire in the slot on the left then the other end in the slot on the right it starts fine, hope this make sense,

·
Registered
53 Posts
thanks for the replys, here,s the story,

with the heater plug relay out if i put a link of wire in the slot on the left then the other end in the slot on the right it starts fine, hope this make sense,
How do you know the relay is fine? sounds goosed to me.:ILU:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i,ve tried one out of my mates van and still no joy, the one out of mine was fine in his.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It will be a broken wire from the ecu to the relay. If you look under the bonnet, right along the top of the engine there is a fluted plastic wiring harnes. Open it up and check the wires in there, they rub on the flutes and eventually corrode and snap. Have a look for a thin black and white wire this is the control for the relay and the chances are its broken around the right hand side of the engine somewhere. :ILU:
I've seen so many damaged wires there now :(
Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i will have a look at this over the next week,and i,ll let you know..
thanks everybody.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts