VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
A few days ago I set from home, the van was ok driving. But when i got to a junction and set off the turbo seemed to have died then come back on once 2400rpm was reached.
It has been intermittedly working on and off and its always when it reaches 2400rpm, after that it's fine till you stop the van either at junction or traffic lights. I spoke to a guy at the local garage who said VagCom said the MAF is showing as an error but this has been an error since we got the van 2 years ago. He said to check the pipes to the turbo incase of any splits or dirt etc.
I'm sorry if this is a repeat of previous threads.
Regards
Craig and Sarah

·
Registered
472 Posts
What's the make of the maf? Bosch original or cheap Chinese copy? If it's original bosch how old is it?
R the cables damaged from the maf or is the plug loose?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.
It is a bosch MAF sensor. I've had the air filter cleaned and unplugged the MAF sensor.
The bus drives fine with the MAF sensor disconected so i'll have to get a new sensor as i don't know when it was last changed.
Cheers

·
Registered
472 Posts
U say the air filter has been cleaned? Is it a k&n air filter?
U can check the voltage on the switch cable before buying a new maf. If u google how to test a maf it will show how to do it but basically the voltage should go up when u Rev the engine on the correct cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts