VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, haven't got a clue what I am doing here, or where to look but after some advice.

I am seriously looking into getting myself a van, however have no technical expertise to do any work myself, have no money to fund it without PXing the car and believe it or not, would prefer a T5 over a T4 (please don't shoot me down, I just prefer the style!)

Can anyone give me some ideas of what dealers are out there who will take in PX's and who may have vans around the 7 1/2k budget - yes I know it's going to have to be an early T5 model for that amount, so I might have to look at a T4 instead - not that I mind that much!

SWB only, so please if anyone can give me some info without destroying my dreams of ownership, please let me know!

(I forgot to add that I am paranoid about some of the mileage figures I am seeing on some of the listings - I change my cars every 3-4 years from new and have always bought new for the past 15 years or so, so going back into the second hand area makes me squirm.)

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum andy, good luck in finding a van, i dont know much about t5s but im sure someone will come along in a minute.
Ann

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
i got our 54 plate T5 van already converted to kombi with windows and rear seats and lined and insulated last year for £7650 with 90k miles,and not a had a problem yet,so you should be able to pick up a nice T5 for your budget,it did take us a couple of months to find what we have now,but dont regret it at all,
and this forum is so helpful,its great as are the peeps we have met already,
there is always someone who knows what you want to know.

hope this helps,and welcome to the clan!!!!A:A:A:A:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the good luck wishes - the more I seem to search the interweb thingie - the more I seem to hve made my mind up!

Problem is that there seems to be such a massive variation in prices and it's giving me a headache!

Maybe I need to get a job that gives me £60K a year then I won't have the hassle and will just go and get one of those lovely Benley's conversions!T:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum
What kind of px have you got and where abouts are you?
I have a standard Astra Sports Hatch 1.7cdti SRI, only thing extra on it is a detachable tow bar and a diesel tuning chip.
07 plated taxed until end June, MOT until Mid June, 31000 miles and pretty good nick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts