VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all please help my vacum pump is ticking and when you put your foot on the brake it stops the brakes still work what can I do the pump still works can I buy the rod to go in it ? Because I think it's the rod that's nackered any help would be good guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi had the same from my 2.5tdi replaced the rod but still got noise albeit alot less noisey. Pin and gasket cost £45 from vw dealer so worth trying before paying £300 for new vacuum pump.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou will give it a go , the pump is at the front of the engine you can find it by following the pipe from the brake servo pipe it's black and about 10 mm thick follow it to the pump or chuck t4 vacuum pump on e bay to see a pic

·
Registered
53 Posts
It is fairly easy to replace but you will need a 13mm crowsfoot attachment for your socket wrench to get the top nut off. I know I tried and failed without one.

The other to tip is if it is difficult to get the pump back on try rotating the engine to take the push rod 'off cam'

I bought a cheap pump from Fleabay (Transit parts I think) been on for about twe months so far so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Mine rattled for ages before I bit th bullet and got a new one ....! But ..It did work . Not cheap , but to do it right , I dont think much alternative . Now if you could get a re-con kit .....? But I doubt it ..

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
the rod dont wear its hardend and runs in oil its the spring that worn it means a new pump ebay and gsf do them for about £85 or the other options is remove it altogether blank the hole and have a different alternator with the pump built in there like transits do etc or fit a loud stereo lol
also do not take of the bottom plate on the pump the o ring will be worn and these are prone to leaking once remove and you cannot replace that o ring vw dont sell them seperatly they only do the o ring which go from the pump to head

·
Registered
53 Posts
Update

The Vac Pump From Fleabay is still fine 6 months and 7000 miles later.T:

Transitparts on eaby for about £75 quid.

Just thought I would update.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts