VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me. I have a VERY noisy rattle in the sliding door on my '03 ex-AA T4 (now a Campervan). I have tried all the suggestions like oiling latches and top/bottom runners all to no avail. The noise seems to come from the middle roller assembly so I have just changed that for a new one. The old one didn't look too badly worn and , unsurprisingly, the rattle is still there.

Because the rest of the camper is so quiet this rattle is really annoying. It there some adjustment (I noted that the attachment on the middle roller is slotted) and if so how is it adjusted.

HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I'm in the same boat (van) with the same problem, my patience has been pushed to its short limit on many occasions because of my rattler :bhd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only whilst driving. I do seem to be able to match the noise when stopped if I open the door a bit and 'waggle' the door at the middle slider position....hence my diagnosis that it was the middle roller.

·
Registered
656 Posts
hi, sit inside close side door, remove door panel if you have one, undo the 2 bolt heads to the middle roller, pull door towards you and nip up. thats what ive done recently and it did help alot
T:
Andy

·
Registered
873 Posts
I can only dream my slider would stop rattling, it is driving me to distraction. :(

Although mention has been made of top rubber on rear shock absorber being worn so will try and get under the van at the weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi, sit inside close side door, remove door panel if you have one, undo the 2 bolt heads to the middle roller, pull door towards you and nip up. thats what ive done recently and it did help alot
T:
Andy
Thanks. I am working on the van tomorrow and I will try that if I have time

·
Registered
323 Posts
My old AA van was bad for squeek and rattle at the top had thingies, one at the top and one at the bottom.:ILU:

·
Registered
656 Posts
another thought... could it be the door lock mechanism and the bar, i wrapped my bar in insulation and had to jam a small peice of carpet between 2 of the flat arms on the mechanism, stopped rattling , worth a try T:
the pic shows where i put the bit of carpet

just noticed you are from Nuneaton , im just a couple miles away ... small world

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I saw you were in Atherstone. Today I have borrowed a ramp at a place near Sutton Cheney (you probably know 'The Hercules' there) to make it easier to put some new rear discs on . If I get time I will try the carpet where you suggest. I have to take the panel off to try your other suggestion so I will do both at once. If it works I won't know which one works but who cares.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my door squeak was the sockets for the spigots on the door post. I found that rotating the sprung socket would stop it for a while so I replaced the socket - sorted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts