VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello was wondering if anybody on here has had experience of adjusting rear tailgate to stop it jigging about and driving me mental with the constant noise.

Im only a few days away from doing a General Lee type thing and welding the bloody thing shut !!!!

Cheers in advance T:

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Hello was wondering if anybody on here has had experience of adjusting rear tailgate to stop it jigging about and driving me mental with the constant noise.

Im only a few days away from doing a General Lee type thing and welding the bloody thing shut !!!!

Cheers in advance T:
Hi,

There are a couple of adjustment points.

You can adjust the lock, by loosening the catch on the body (in the middle of the bottom panel.)

You can adjust the two horns at the lower sides of both sides of the door. ( there should be rubber inserts in the side of the horns)

And if all else fails you can loosen off the hinges and re adjust the whole door.

One of those should shut the BuG*er up!

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

Cheers in advance T:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey buddy mines exactly the same SQUEAKING ME MAD:*,,,,,,,,,the 2 spring loaded jobbys either side have been replaced due to them been a tad bent so got gen VW ones £27 :eek:,,,seemed to be ok for a couple A three miles then SQUEAKY MAD AGAIN lolLOL:,,,,,,,only way i can temp cure it is by spraying silicone lube all over it works for a few days then its back,,,,,T::)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys Im gonna give the bottom catch a go, but im going armed with me silcon spray as well LOL:

Its like one thing after another just come back from Coventry and temp light flashing at me...........think it may be a little low on water as it was running fine and guage was slap bang in the middle where it always parks itself.....ho hum :ILU:

·
Registered
115 Posts
HELP ME PLEASE....i have a rattle /squeak from tailgate and its driving me insane :eek:, tried greasing the plastic/rubber stops but hasnt worked. Anybody have any pics of the adjustment screws?
Anyone else any solutions other than buying earplugs or a louder stereo?? Help, HeLP, HELP.....

·
Registered
633 Posts
Post resurrection lol

Maybe check the rubber stops are in the tailgate either side as it sits on those when shut, but check all of above and i would only move latch after trying all of the above first as you may make it worse or mess it up completely imo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts