VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use this app on there phone instead of a normal sat nav?

I've just got the nokia 6700 and one of the reason i got it was coz it had sat nav on, but it doesn't seam that simple to use :confused: i'm happy to percivear as i don't use a sat nav that much and can't justify buying one.

would like to see what peeps have to say that use it or have tried to :D

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts
Hi Matt

I subscribed to Nokia Maps navigation for a year, it did pretty well, got me to Holland and back fine.

Doesn't cost anything to down load the maps off Nokia’s site, but you have to pay charge to activate the navigation.

However, I just recently got the new iphone, so the poor old Nokia has gone into retirement.

Jimbo

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
I use Garmin on my N95. No recurring subscriptions, and it runs off the internal GPS rather than a bluetooth thingy like some aftermarket satnav systems on phones.

Worth seeing if they do Garmin for your phone?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Matt

I subscribed to Nokia Maps navigation for a year, it did pretty well, got me to Holland and back fine.

Doesn't cost anything to down load the maps off Nokia’s site, but you have to pay charge to activate the navigation.

However, I just recently got the new iphone, so the poor old Nokia has gone into retirement.

Jimbo
Jimbo is that the same as the licence, i've got that for 3 days, a free trial, and is navigation when it talks to you, not managed to get it to do that, i've got it to direct me from home to work, but just not talking.

and it seams to take ages to connect to the satellites

can you still take or make calls, when it's guiding you??

How much was the subscription please?

Cheers T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts