VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just trying to confirm if mine has a glow plug relay? If so what number and where is it fitted? Van won't start in the cold today and late for work/not going in

Help please

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Hi all. Just trying to confirm if mine has a glow plug relay? If so what number and where is it fitted? Van won't start in the cold today and late for work/not going in

Help please
In the fuse box down your right hand side it might be the bigger black one with 102 printed on the top ! Mine went once so I took it out and gave a little tap and started allso there's a little black box above the passenger head light fixed to the front cross member with 2 fuses inside good luck T:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll check once light. I'm down an old road with no lights in the middle of no where

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
As above check the relay and the fuse on inner wing drivers side. Be worth replacing the glow plugs as soon as too

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats if Eurocarparts got correct one. Last time I went in they said my number plate came up weird

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glow plug light on dash goes out if relay 102 is taken off, so assume ok?
Where exactly are the other 2 fuses by the passenger lights?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
mine has a black fuse cover on the trim bit of the inner drivers wing, open bonnet look at that side behind air box, check that fuse is good and tight T:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine has a black fuse cover on the trim bit of the inner drivers wing, open bonnet look at that side behind air box, check that fuse is good and tight T:
I thought it was meant to be above nearside light?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I thought it was meant to be above nearside light?
not sure, there are 2 big fuse blocks above the light too, but i always made sure the fuse on driers side was ok :*

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tea 1st then I'll walk to sainsbury and see if got easystart in garage. otherwise Im stuffed

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well sainsbury sucks big time. Not even engine oil

I still not clear as what FUSES I am looking at. Nothing by lights and no idea about ones by the air filter
I must be stupid as I cant even suss out how that comes off haha

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still not sure about the fuses BUT it runs, after a bit of Easy Start
After a cold walk to Sainsbury..garage is useless, shop even more so ( no easy start let alone anything! )
Walk back home with hump
Cycle, yes I said cycle ( 1st time in years ) to a BP garage/M&S..none either ( lovely grapes though )

Then I remember a little car accessory shop further up the road

YAY for little independent shops.

Cycle/walk back ( tyres low and I'm fat and old ) and spray a little in there, Pop!!! Starts straight away. Might also be that its warmer

I should be finishing work at 2.25. Bit late to go in now!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts