VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Bit of background on this one first:

I have a 2003 2.5tdi Ajt and I first noticed the engine starting to hold back on the motorway above 2500 revs like something stuck under the throttle pedal which was intermittent to start with, then I noticed on turning the key, occasionally, the glow plug light wasn't lighting, then last Friday I parked her up, came to start her on Monday and no glowplug light at all, and cranking well but no firing at all, also no fumes or smell from exhaust (no fuel). So as the ignition switch was a bit sloppy, I got another and much tighter now, but still no luck, so for peace of mind changed 103.109 relays in case and checked wiring loom over engine, and all ok but still dead, so ran diagnostic and got these 2 faults could this be the immobilizer ring round the ignition barrel or something else, not come across this one before. Any help much appreciated. Cheers Ken

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I cleared all the faults found that were logged and started afresh, these disappeared, but this one below came up, so I'm thinking it may be a wiring fault perhaps although the plastic trunking over the engine looks very good. Anyone had this problem before?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also found this today, plug seems ok ECU end and this the other end should I be worried about this?

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,038 Posts
Forum has basically died since the "upgrade"!!!
You say "trunking" looks ok, but did you open it to inspect the wires?
RHD vans are notorious for having problems inside that..

"Also found this today, plug seems ok ECU end and this the other end should I be worried about this? "
That looks like a bodge of some sort....so yeah, worry a little.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate for the reply, I'm going through the loom over the top of the engine with a fine tooth comb but I'm not sure what that plug is for yet, all the cables into it are the same colour, they've basically been fused together with solder, so I'm not sure what those are for at present, but they are well soldered together, so it appears to be redundant at the moment, probably masking a problem elsewhere 😨.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMG_20200324_125829.jpg

This is underneath the engine, it's been running ok like this for years, but what is this and why would they be fused together with solder like that, all wires are black going in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts