VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my 2.5 tdi is a bit poorly at the moment and I'm seeking advice if possible?
When I go to start the van it's like I have a low battery but it's only 5 months old, the indicators flash twice the speedometer jumps around and all the clocks reset. Now when I charge the battery it will start and run but then if I stop it's back to a flat looking battery with all the bells and whistles on the dash, it will start again with a jump but I can not run it like this.
I have had everything checked, alternator output, battery output, etc etc.
All advice will be taken onboard and I will go through anything you can think of what it can be.
Thanks for any information,
Tony.

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,804 Posts
Check the "earth" connections from battery to engine, and any other "brown" (yeah, VW/Germans DO have a sense of humour and use "mud-coloured" wires for ground!) wires you see.

Doesn't matter how old the battery is....some people sell cr*p batteries....or they can fail.
Have you had it load tested?
Voltage may measure OK, but if you take something like 400 amps out of it to crank, it may drop to a lot lower voltage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate, I've not had the battery checked but I will on Monday, I claim to have checked all the earth wires but I will check them again to make sure.
Do you think it's time to check the fuses after that to check for drains?
I'm lost at this point mate,
Thanks for your help on this... its very frustrating!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts